Key strengths of B&F legal services
- We are a team of committed attorneys, lawyers, IT, risk and financial advisory people and strategy consultants with profound legal and business knowledge as well as practical and managerial in-house experience in remarkable organisations.
- We serve our clients in the most efficient way and focus on concrete, tailored solutions in the clients’ best interest.
- Our multidisciplinary approach allows us to draw on the expertise of dedicated specialists of other service lines such as financial advisory, audit, tax, IT, risk management consulting.
- AAA Law has started actively building it’s track record in B&F sector few years ago by advising on all areas of transactional banking, including regular credit/loans facilities, incorporation and activities of investment funds, work-out and alternative restructuring options in the sector of financial services, dealing with regulatory and compliance agenda in new era of banking (regulatory& compliance assurance), as AML, MIFID II, GDPR in the FSI, FinTech and Blockchain projects.
- Our B&F team also provides the analysis needed to design a solid and effective compliance program to control and manage the task of regulatory liability, as well as address operational risk areas, develops and implements a compliance program, business plans which are consistent with regulatory standards and customized to our client’s size, culture and operational needs.
General Financial Services
- We advise Lithuanian and foreign financial institutions and intermediaries such as banks, insurance companies, security traders, fund management companies, asset managers in all aspects of Lithuanian and foreign regulatory matters as well as banking and other financial market laws.
- We support financial market players (EMI, MI, Banks etc.) in their application process for a license from the Bank of Lithuania.
- We advise financial intermediaries on all aspects of capital transactions, regulatory, compliance due diligences and assets and share deals.
- We provide assistance in compliance reviews, risk assessments, gap-analyses, health checks and internal investigations.
- Our legal and regulatory services include support in areas such as Lithuanian and European (and other foreign) market conduct and behaviour rules, corporate and key information documents as well as disclosure requirements.
- In the area of investment law, we provide advice on the structuring, licensing and distribution of Lithuanian and foreign collective investment schemes. Our services include traditional mutual funds, hedge funds, private equity funds and real estate funds.
- The particular focus of our team lies on providing advice and support throughout the process of implementing the new regulations, from the impact assessment and gap analysis through solution and implementation design to full implementation and testing support and project management.
- After Tomas Ambrasas, Tomas Laurutis, Žilvinas Milerius, Aleksas Šulnius have joined AAA Law team, we improving our services, making our FSI team even BIGGER BETTER STRONGER , expanding our success and formulating FinTech and AML hubs.
FinTech Center of Excellence
- We advise in the establishment and licensing of various financial market participants (e-money institutions, payment institutions, specialised banks, banks) as well as acquisition of qualifying stakes therein, we conduct legal, financial DD. We draft relevant documentations, represent clients in relations with the supervisory institution and have been responsible for coordination of the projects.
- Our multidisciplinary team consisting of legal®ulatory&compliance managers, ex-bankers, central bankers and form a sub-division of the B&F team – FinTech Center of Excellence – we advise on risk advisory, IT advisory, and risk management matters. Now the service line offers a unique style of integrated legal advice. This allows for one-stop-shop support.
- Blockchain legal, IT and business case advisory implications. Consulting on legal aspects of implementing a Blockchain technology in business operations. Licenses and Permits. Compliance with the law. Also consulting on Blockchain technology adoption relevance to various business cases and technical implementation possibilities.
- Legal support for STOs, crypto-exchanges, token categorization.
AML Center of Excellence
- We advise to set up of the appropriate AML framework; gap analysis, roadmap, etc.
- We create controls to mitigate potential risks;
- We build up policies and procedures, client on-boarding, remediation, compliance, AML programs;
- We carry out, develop, assist with AML risk assessments;
- We provide AML trainings;
- We make ad hoc analysis;