Our partner Ausra Pakeniene specialises in protection and defence of trademark and design rights, consultancy of clients and disputes regarding protection of intellectual property. Clients appreciate Ausra for the excellent knowledge of her field, analytical logical thinking and honest representation of client’s interests. Colleagues call her “trademark guru”.
Ausra has more than 20 year experience in registration of trademarks and designs, preparation of responses to office actins from patent office examiners, consultation of clients regarding protection and defending intellectual property rights, representation in disputes regarding trademarks, designs and patents before the State Patent Bureau, European Union Intellectual Property Office and courts.
– Advised and represented an international company focused on pharmaceuticals in the European Court of Justice in a case concerning a preliminary ruling on the issue of a supplementary protection certificate.
– Successfully represented famous Lithuanian logistics company in dispute regarding trademark similarity in European Union Intelectual Property Office.
– Successfully represented famous Lithuanian alcoholic drink manufacturer and defended its trademark rights in opposition heard by the State Patent Bureau.
– Prepared amicable agreement regarding coexistence of Lithuanian national and European Union trademarks on the market.
– Successfully advised clients, prepared documents for SITA (Science, Innovation and Technologies Agency) support for registration of designs.
Since 1993 — AAA Law
Since 2004 — European Patent Attorney
Since 2001 — Patent Attorney
2018 — European patent office, CEIPI ir DELTA PATENTS studies (Germany, Austria, France), European Patent Attorney qualification
2007 — Mykolas Romeris University (Lithuania), Master in Law
1988 — Vilnius University (Lithuania), Master in Applied Mathematics
Lithuanian, English, Russian
Council of the European Communities Trademark Association (ECTA), Member
International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI), Member of the Lithuania’s Group
Lithuanian Patent Attorney Association, Member
European Patent Institute (EPI), Member
European Patent Institute EPPC (European Patent Practice Committee) and CII (Computer Implemented Inventions Committee), Member
Prepares reviews for the magazines World Trademark Review Daily, ECTA Bulletin.
Gives presentations at seminars and conducts training on the following topics: “European Brands and Design Network Projects – Attitude of Consumers”, “Creative Freedom of Design. Legal and Practical Aspects”, “Trademark Registration Pecularities”, etc.