Partner Giedrė Domkutė has more than 15 years of legal practice in the field of intellectual property, corporate and contract law. Giedrė Domkutė specializes in IP licensing, franchising and enforcement, advises on construction contracting, real estate issues, mergers and acquisitions (M & A), company management and risk management. She also represents client in State and municipality institutions, pre-trial institutions and courts of various instances.
• Advised and represented a construction company in a dispute with a state enterprise on remuneration for additional construction work performed;
• Advised clients and drafted contracts of international network hotel management;
• Advised international companies – clothing brand owners, catering network owners – on franchising issues, drafted franchising agreements;
• Advised and represented the client in purchasing real estate development company, performed legal due diligence, drafted share purchase – sale agreement and other documents related to the transaction;
• Advised and represented the manager of international network hotel in court cases against the construction company for the improperly completed construction works, delays in work;
• Advised a well-known international IT company on employment law issues;
• Advised and represented the Lithuanian company – a wholesaler of haberdashery in a dispute with the lessor regarding early termination of the lease agreement.
• Advised and represented the client before the State Patent Bureau and Vilnius Regional Administrative Court in the first case in Lithuania regarding re-establishment of rights to the patent;
• Represented and advised bankruptcy administrator in matters related to the application of civil liability to managers and shareholders.
Since 1999 – AAA Law
Since 2004 – Attorney at Law
2001 – 2004 – Assistant Attorney at Law
2001 – Vilnius University, Faculty of Law, Master of Laws (LL.M.)
Lithuanian, English, Russian
Member of the Lithuanian Bar Association
Member of International Bar Association (IBA)
Gives lectures on intellectual property protection and commercialization, enforcement of trademark rights, business secrets and non-competition, corporate legal responsibility issues.
Prepares reviews for Doing Business in Lithuania.
Completed mediator courses in 2014.